Get to know Cordoba, the capital of the caliphate
The roads of Cordoba are among the busiest in our country and it has nothing to do with the magnificence of its famous Mosque. This city has a privileged situation in terms of road communications so it is not surprising the large number of vehicles that pass through its routes regardless of the time of year.
In Furauto we want to add even more facilities for our users to move driving to their destination. And how could it be otherwise, our unique contribution is a wide range of vehicles that will be the faithful allies of companies and individuals who have the need to make any transport.
In our offices you will find trained employees who will advise you on the choice of your van or minivan whenever and wherever you need it. Forget your doubts and fears because our vehicles are safe and perfectly equipped and ready for you to use as you wish.
Furauto supports both companies and individuals so our vehicles can be used both to move around town in a moving as to carry materials and products of a professional nature. Your things are safe from loss or damage if you hire our services because you can monitor them at all times and take care of every detail of their handling and transportation.
Contact us without any obligation and you will see how profitable and profitable it is to hire a rental van. Browse our website or call us for detailed information and completely customized for you.
Where to drop off and pick up your rental van at Furauto?
Cordoba offers you a perfect opportunity to pick up and drop off your Furauto rental van in central areas of the capital, such as its train and bus stations. Here are some of our other offices in the autonomous community of Andalusia:
- Isla Cristina
- Chiclana de la Frontera
- Conil de la Frontera
- Jerez de la Frontera
- La Línea de la Concepción
- San Pablo Airport
- Dos Hermanas
- Mairena de Aljarafe
Why visit Cordoba?
Because Cordoba is one of the jewels of Andalusia that everyone should know. Birthplace of three of the most important philosophers in history (the Roman Seneca, the Muslim Averroes and the Jewish Maimonides) and of illustrious poets (Lucan, Ibn Hazm, Juan de Mena, Luis de Góngora and the Duke of Rivas), this city has an unparalleled historical and artistic heritage.
Within its old town (declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO) highlights the Mosque-Cathedral, the best example in Spain of Hispano-Muslim Umayyad art. Very important is, of course, the archaeological site of the city of Medina Azahara, built by Abderraman III about 8 kilometers west of Cordoba.
This capital also offers the possibility of visiting the Fernandine Churches, the Guadalquivir Mills, the Roman Wall, the Triumphs of San Rafael, the Island of Sculptures and its Roman Bridge, one of the symbols of the city.
The gastronomy of Cordoba is very influenced by the Muslim culture, especially in the use of spices and aromatic herbs. If you visit the capital, do not forget to try the salmorejo, flamenquines, oxtail and lamb with honey. For dessert, sweeten yourself with the Pastel Cordobés.
Get to know the province of Cordoba
If you have already discovered the beauty of the capital of Cordoba, drive your Furauto rental car to meet the most beautiful villages in the province. Let's see some examples:
80 kilometers (about an hour) separate the capital of Cordoba of this population inhabited by nearly 21,000 egabrenses. Located in the Natural Park of the Sierras Subbéticas, it is home to an extraordinary heritage declared of Cultural Interest. Its charm lies in its streets and its aroma, although we must not forget the Birthplace of Juan Valera, the Castle of the Dukes of Sessa, the Wall, the Church of the Assumption of Our Lady and the Angels, the Municipal Archaeological Museum, the Cerca de la Villa Vieja, the Cave of the Ermita del Calvario and the Mina de Jarcas.
Drive your rental van along the N-432 to the municipality of Fuente Obejuna, known worldwide for the events that took place in the fifteenth century and inspired the great playwright Lope de Vega. The town is inhabited by almost 4,800 mellarienses and has a wide cultural offer. Visit the Casa Cardona, the Mina de la Loba, the Ermita de Jesús Nazareno and the churches of Nuestra Señora del Castillo and San Francisco. If you have time, stroll through its white streets to discover its Roman past.
Priego de Córdoba
This town of 22,800 inhabitants is about 100 kilometers from the capital. To make this trip, you must drive your rental van on the A-45 southbound for about 47 minutes. Then take the A-318 in Lucena and connect with the A-339 to access through the Natural Park of the Sierras Subbeticas. Known as 'the city of water', it has an impressive heritage. Special mention should be made of the Balcón del Adarve, the Barrio de la Villa, the Carnicerías Reales, the Castle, the Casa Natal de Niceto Alcalá Zamora and the Fuente del Rey.
The N-432 connects the capital of Córdoba with Zuheros in about an hour and fifteen minutes. In this small town of 657 inhabitants and white houses it is possible to visit the Castle, the Cave of the Bats, the Church of Los Remedios and the Archaeological Museum. It is advisable to visit this town during the Cheese Fair. Declared an Asset of Cultural Interest, it is also part of the network of The Most Beautiful Villages of Spain.
Main municipalities in the province of Córdoba
- Aguilar de la Frontera
- Almodovar del Rio
- Palma del Río
- Castro del Rio
- Puente Genil
- Priego de Córdoba
- Fuente Palmera
- La Carlota
- Villanueva de Córdoba
Most important roads in Cordoba
Cordoba could be considered as a kind of strategic point since it connects Andalusia with Madrid and other important places of the Peninsula. This city in question is located at a crossroads and that makes it an interesting point in terms of transporting products.
Then, from Furauto want to give our users a brief summary of the main roads that communicate with Cordoba so they can access it without incident and get a general idea of the points of the Spanish geography to which it is linked through the road system:
- A-4/E-5: Connects the cities of Madrid, Cordoba, Seville and Cadiz.
- A-45: Connects Cordoba and Malaga.
- A-3: This highway allows you to make a connection with the A-4 via the A-43 if you are coming from Valencia.
- A-49 or V Centenario highway: It allows you to connect with the A-4 once you arrive in Seville from Huelva.
- N-420: It runs from Cordoba, Ciudad Real, Cuenca and Tarragona.
- A-431: It runs through Córdoba, Palma del Río and Seville.
- N-432: Joins Badajoz, Cordoba and Granada.
Towing services in Córdoba
At Rentoauto we are aware of how important it is for our users to arrive at their destination when they are planning a trip or are going to make a transport or moving. However, breakdowns and unforeseen events can surprise us in the middle of the journey, so having the phone number of some tow trucks in the area will prevent our customers from being left on the road without knowing who to turn to.
- Grúas y Transportes Emilio Aguilar: This company from Madrid provides services in Cordoba. The contact telephone number is 916213319.
- Grúas Bretones: Specialists in roadside assistance for trucks, cars and large vehicles. The company's telephone numbers are 957262222 and 600491135.
- Grúas 24h Sebastián González: To hire their roadside assistance service call 610466763 or 610466764.
- Grúas Margarita: Rescue of all kinds of vehicles. To contact call 957651188 or 659280180.
Gas stations to go to
On many occasions, the nerves and tension of a long trip or moving house mean that we don't pay enough attention to the level of the tank and we fill up at the worst possible moment. To solve this crisis, there is nothing better than knowing some service stations and gas stations in Cordoba:
- La Mezquita Cepsa Service Station: It is located at km 393.5 of the A-4. The customer information telephone number is 957326462.
- Estación De Servicio Rabanales: It is located on the N-IV, that is, the Madrid-Cádiz road. The contact number is 957320845.
- Autogrill Iberia S.L.U: This service station is located in Avenida América s/n. Its fixed telephone number is 957767898.
Solving the Parking Issue
As in Furauto know the customers of our van rental service we have compiled a list of some of the parking lots in Cordoba. We hope that thanks to our guidance parking will be a simple and convenient task.
- Cordoba S.A.: It is located at Calle Conde del Robledo 6. It is a multi-storey and illuminated parking lot open from Monday to Sunday. The rate for 24 hours is 16 euros although these are charged from the first twelve hours. It is important to note that the maximum height of vehicles must be 1.75 meters.
- Aparcamientos Avenida de la Libertad S.L: Underground and illuminated parking lot with parking spaces for the disabled as well as recharging for electric cars. It is open from Monday to Sunday and costs 13 euros per day.
- Parking La Mezquita: Located at Calle Cairuan, 1. It is a multi-storey parking lot with lighting, disabled parking spaces and an elevator. Open from Monday to Sunday, its price for 24 hours is 13.50 euros.
- Isolux Corsan Aparcamientos S.L: The parking spaces are partially covered and there are spaces for the disabled and recharging for electric cars. The price for 24 hours is 11 euros and payment is made at the exit.
- Centro Comercial El Tablero: This parking lot has handicapped spaces, car wash and WiFi. It is open from Monday to Sunday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and the stay is free of charge.
- Zoco Shopping Center: Large shopping centers are a good alternative when it comes to parking your vehicle without high costs. In this occasion the parking is in José María Martorell Street. It opens its doors from seven in the morning to one in the morning from Monday to Sunday. Its price for 24 hours is 12 euros.
- Avenida del Aeropuerto: Here there is a subway parking lot with a capacity of 346 parking spaces. The lighting is good and the communications are excellent. Although it is open from Monday to Sunday, it is not possible to leave the vehicle for a long time as the hourly rate is 1.96 euros.
- Calle de la Bodega,1: At this address there is a covered parking that is open from Monday to Wednesday from seven in the morning to one in the morning. On Thursdays and Fridays the closing is delayed until four in the morning and on Saturdays the parking lots are available all day.
Driving in Cycling Territory
The popularity of healthy lifestyle habits has increased the number of people taking to the streets on their bicycles. Cordoba is no exception and that is why from Furauto we want to warn drivers to take special care when they meet a cyclist on their way.
Respecting the traffic rules is everyone's business and both those who go by car or van or those who choose the bike must always and at all times avoid making sudden and unpredictable maneuvers that can lead to accidents. Being attentive to what is happening around us and always pay attention to what traffic lights and traffic signs indicate is vital for our safety.