From Furauto we want you to find a cheap car rental at Jerez de la Frontera Airport in an easy and economical way. Move as you want during your stay in this city. You can pick up and drop off your vehicle at any of our offices in the province of Cadiz.
Reserve your rental car at the Jerez de la Frontera Airport
Welcome to Jerez de la Frontera Airport, an important aerodrome in the south of Spain that is located 9 kilometers from Jerez de la Frontera. This municipality, besides being the most populated in the province, is one of the most beautiful in Spain.
This airport has its history. In 1936 it was decided to build an airport in the southern area of Jerez to transfer the troops that had risen from North Africa. A year later, it was planned to build a permanent airport, so it was moved to its current location and gradually expanded. In 1946 this airport, which was for military use, was opened to commercial passenger and cargo traffic.
Today Jerez de la Frontera Airport is the only aerodrome in the province of Cadiz. It is not surprising that its construction has been one of the main reasons for the strong development that this town has undergone in recent years.
Stop looking around for car rental companies at Jerez Airport. At Furauto we can provide you with the vehicle you want at an unbeatable price thanks to the great variety of our fleet. And best of all, you won't have to go through the hassle of getting it.
How to get to Jerez de la Frontera Airport
Renting a car at Jerez Airport is an excellent way to solve your transportation problems during your trip from the moment you arrive. Jerez Airport is located about 10 kilometers northeast of the city so traveling to the city itself will be easy.
In the airport facilities you will find several bus lines to Jerez, Cadiz, El Puerto de Santa Maria, Sanlucar de Barrameda, Chipiona and Rota.
Also here stops the line C-1 of Cercanías (connection with Jerez de la Frontera, El Puerto de Santa María, Puerto Real, San Fernando and Cádiz) and the medium distance train that connects Seville with Cádiz.
If you prefer to access by road with your rental car you should know the following routes:
- A-4/ E-5: It joins Madrid with Cadiz passing through Cordoba, Seville, Dos Hermanas, Jerez Airport, Jerez, El Puerto de Santa Maria and Puerto Real.
- N-IV. Carretera de Andalucía: connects Madrid with Cádiz through the A-4 to enter the airport.
- A-381: Connects Jerez, the Airport, Medina Sidonia, Alcalá de los Gazules and Los Barrios.
- A-480: It goes from Chipiona to Jerez passing through Sanlúcar de Barrameda. In Jerez it joins with the A-4 to get to the airport.
Where can I pick up and drop off my rental car at Jerez Airport?
Of course, you can pick up and drop off your rental car at Jerez Airport. Furauto also allows you to choose from many other locations in Cadiz. Enter our online search engine and design your customized trip.
Tolls to take into account
Near Jerez de la Frontera you can find the Autopista del Sur. The AP-4 is the road that connects the Sevillian municipality of Dos Hermanas with Cadiz.
Parking your rental car at Jerez de la Frontera Airport
Jerez de la Frontera Airport offers you two parking lots where you can leave your car comfortably. In addition, if you reserve your parking space on-line, you will save time and money.
The general parking P1 is located one minute away from the terminal. It is the perfect option for stays of less than 4 days or for picking up or dropping off passengers.
The general parking P2 is also very close to the terminal, just 50 meters away, although this area is designed to accommodate vehicles for longer stays.
Travelling with your rental car from Jerez Airport
Booking your rental car at Jerez Airport you can discover the best places to visit in this town and its surroundings. Check out the Top 10 must-see places that you can not miss:
- Cathedral of Jerez: It dates back to the 17th century and mixes Gothic, Baroque and Neoclassical styles. It was built on the remains of the Great Mosque of Jerez and the old Church of El Salvador.
- Archaeological Museum of Jerez: After seven years closed for renovations, in 2012 it reopened its doors. It is located in the Plaza del Mercado and inside is the Casco de Guadalete from the 7th century BC.
- Museos de la Atalaya: Museum complex that houses the Mystery of Jerez and the Palace of Time, where there is an exhibition of clocks.
- Museo del Traje Andaluz de Jerez: It is dedicated to the Andalusian costume and is owned by Antolin Diaz Salazar, the tailor of the Royal Andalusian School of Equestrian Art.
- Wall of Jerez: Construction of Andalusian origin that protects the urban helmet of Jerez. It was declared a Historic Artistic Monument and of Cultural Interest.
- Wineries: Take some time to visit some of the incredible Jerez wineries and taste their wines.
- Sanlúcar de Barrameda: All the historical-artistic heritage of Sanlúcar was declared of Cultural Interest in 1973. Try to visit, at least, the Old Alcazar, the Old Convent of La Merced, the Castle of Santiago, the Wall and the Old City of Ebora.
- Doñana: Doñana National Park is a beautiful protected natural area that was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1994.
- El Puerto de Santa María: Enjoy walking through its streets and visiting the Iglesia Mayor Prioral, the Castillo de San Marcos and the Plaza de España. And, of course, sunbathe on its beaches of fine golden sand.
- Cadiz: Besides being the capital of the province, it is one of the most beautiful and charming cities in Spain. The "tacita de plata", without a doubt, deserves a special visit.
Get to know the Province of Cadiz by Car
Besides enjoying Jerez de la Frontera, you will have to visit other beautiful municipalities of Cadiz, such as the capital, Arcos de la Frontera, Alcala del Valle, Grazalema, Zahara de la Sierra, Medina Sidonia, Chiclana de la Frontera, Jimena de la Frontera, Olvera, Zahara de los Atunes, Tarifa and Rota.